Join us in welcoming The UT Tyler School of Medicine as the 21st member institution at TMDSAS! Here's what you need to know to add this school to your application.
A To-Do List to Prepare for the Upcoming Application Cycle
The Entry Year 2023 Application will open on Monday, May 2nd at 8 a.m. CST, and we know that you cannot wait to get started! Although you will not be able to fill out your personal information until then, there are a few things you can start collecting and doing now to ensure that you have everything you need when May 2nd comes around.
- Review the EY 2023 Application Guide. Seriously, read through it! This guide has updated information that will walk you
step-by-step through each section of the application. Go ahead and read through it
at least once to know what to expect.
- High school transcript. TMDSAS will not need your high school transcript, but it will be helpful for you
to reference information to enter it within the application, such as your class size,
rank, and graduation date.
- SAT/ACT score(s). If you took either of these, then you will need to enter your score(s) in the application. Contact your college admissions office, your high school, College Board, or ACT if you do not remember your score. Page 3 of the sample SAT Score Report shows the 'Analysis in Science' score under 'Cross-Test Scores'. This is where you can obtain your science score.
- All official college transcripts, including community college transcript(s) where you took dual credit courses. Even if your dual-credit courses appear on your main institution’s transcript, a community college granted you the credit. Therefore, these courses will need to be entered separately in your application under the community college entry. These transcripts are for your own use to enter your coursework exactly as it appears.
NOTE: Please do not to send your transcripts to TMDSAS when you submit your application. TMDSAS will not need these until schools have confirmed that they have extended an offer of acceptance to you. Read the TMDSAS Transcript Policy.
- Your Resume. Having a resume on hand will be helpful when entering your activities according to
the appropriate sections, instead of bogging down your memory! Visit the Activities section of the Application Guide for more information about activities and use the article: Categorizing Your Activities in the TMDSAS Application.
- Review the essay prompts. If you would like to type your responses before entering them into the application,
use Text Editor instead of Microsoft Word to avoid the “special characters” error
message from popping up in those sections.
- A digital photo of yourself. It must be smaller than 100 KB and be in one of the following file formats: jpg,
gif, png or bmp.Want more details about the application photo? Check out the article: Is a Picture Worth a Thousand Words? (What Your Application Photo Says About You!).
- MCAT/DAT information: Have your DOB, DENT PIN/AAMC ID number, and test date information readily available.
The information from your exam account and your application will need to be the same
to ensure there is no delay in receiving your scores.
- Contact your evaluators: Let them know that you would like a letter of evaluation, have their contact information
on hand, and make sure they reference the Evaluators Help page on the TMDSAS website. You will only be able to receive your letters once you
have completed the [Letters of Evaluation] and [Colleges Attended Questions] sections
when the application opens, but it is important that you give them a heads-up now,
if you have not done so already. Not sure who to ask? Read the article: The W’s of Letters.
- Check out the TMDSAS and TXHES resources. We offer plenty of resources for you to review. If you have a question, it is very likely that it was covered in a Courage Session or an Office Hour session. Subscribe to the TXHES YouTube Channel so you don't miss any of the upcoming virtual sessions to help you prepare and complete your application!
- Join Online Communities where you can join and speak with fellow applicants, advisors, admissions staff, and TMDSAS staff to help guide you through the application process. You can visit these communities at the following links:
As a current applicant in the Entry Year 2023 cycle, you will receive the personalized help from TMDSAS Support. Check out the application tips they provide and follow the TMDSAS Support Twitter account for important alerts you need to know throughout the cycle.
Best of luck. We look forward to working with you!
Inside Health Education
View Related Items
Join us in welcoming The UT Rio Grande Valley School of Podiatric Medicine as the 20th member institution at TMDSAS! Here's what you need to know to add this school to your application.