Join the TMDSAS Support team live to get your application questions answered. Live Q&A on the TMDSAS Facebook page (www.facebook.com/tmdsas).
The Texas Medical Association (TMA) Minority Scholarship Application is Available Now
Medical school costs can add up very quickly, but that doesn’t mean that you have to come up with all the funds by yourself! That’s why the Texas Medical Association will provide fifteen $10,000 scholarships through the TMA Minority Scholarship Program for Entry Year 2022 incoming medical students (students who will start school in July 2022.) The funds will be disbursed directly to your matriculating school in increments of $2,500 annually during the first four years of matriculation (to be split between fall and spring semesters evenly). These scholarships are made possible through generous donations solicited by the TMA Foundation, the philanthropic arm of TMA.
Each $10,000 scholarship is reserved for students from historically underrepresented racial and ethnic groups in Texas medical schools/Texas physician workforce.
- To be eligible to apply, you must be African American/Black, Hispanic/Latinx, or Native American (includes American Indian/Alaska Native or Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander).
- You must be an incoming freshman at a Texas medical school during Fall 2022.
- If you are already attending medical school, you are not eligible to apply.
- One scholarship is given annually per Texas medical school. Should you choose to matriculate elsewhere, you will lose the scholarship and a new recipient is chosen.
- You must complete an online application.
- You must provide confirmation that you have accepted an offer of admission to a Texas medical school (attach letter or email copies).
- You must write an essay not to exceed 750 words explaining how, as a physician, you would improve the health of all Texans.
Your application must be received no later than 3:00 p.m. CST on Monday, March 21, 2022. If chosen, funds will be disbursed to your school when
you start medical school in July 2022.
How to Apply:
You can access the application here:
If you have any questions, feel free to email Azalia.Perez@texmed.org. Additional
information about the Texas Medical Association can be found here.
Inside Health Education
View Related Items