Courage Sessions: Live Q&A with TXHES
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill
The purpose of these live Q&A sessions is to support to students whose preparation to dental, medical, or veterinary school has been affected by changes caused by COVID-19. Due to these ongoing changes, our member institutions believe it is important to provide clarity and transparency about changes such as MCAT, DAT and GRE administration dates, new formats for interviewing, and changes in application deadlines. These updates are outlined in our newsroom.
Upcoming Courage Sessions
All Courage Sessions happen live at 1pm Central Time on the TXHES Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/txhes
- September 24 - AAMC's FIRST team (Financial Information, Resources, and Tools). We'll address financial best practices for all professional school students!
What to Expect from Courage Sessions
Each Courage Session is a one-hour conversation with a dental, medical, or veterinary institution where we address how the admissions process has been affected by COVID-19. We also discuss unique features about each school, such as special programs or initiatives that applicants may consider when deciding to which schools they would like to apply.
Where Can I See The Courage Sessions?
You can watch the livestream from here or view the Courage Sessions archive below.
Each Courage Session is also uploaded to the TXHES YouTube Channel!
- July 1, 2020 with UT Austin Dell Medical School
- July 2, 2020 with Texas A&M College of Medicine
- July 8, 2020 with UT Medical Branch
- July 9, 2020 with TTUHSC El Paso, Foster School of Medicine
- July 22, 2020 with McGovern Medical School
- July 29, 2020 with Sam Houston State University, College of Osteopathic Medicine
- June 3, 2020 with UT Southwestern Medical School
- June 4, 2020 with UT Health Houston School of Dentistry
- June 10, 2020 with Texas Tech HSC School of Medicine
- June 11, 2020 with TXHES Team
- June 17, 2020 with Joint Admission Medical Program (JAMP)
- June 18, 2020 with UNTHSC-TCOM
- June 29, 2020 with TXHES Team (Thank you, Dr. Beck!)
April - May 2020
- May 28, 2020 with TTUHSC El Paso Woody L. Hunt School of Dental Medicine
- May 27. 2020 with Texas A&M College of Dentistry and UT Health San Antonio School of Dentistry
- May 13, 2020 with TXHES Executive Director
- May 6, 2020 with Long School of Medicine
- April 29, 2020 with TMDSAS
- April 22, 2020 Welcome Session