Roadmap to Professional School - Juniors
- If you plan to apply to begin professional school directly after college, this is when you apply.
- Begin studying for admissions tests such as the MCAT, DAT, or GRE.
- Identify professors, advisors, supervisors, and mentors with whom you've developed relationships and approach them to ask if they will write letters of evaluation.
- Continue your participation in clubs, clinical experiences, volunteer activities, research, and leadership roles.
- Identify professional schools you are interested in attending. Are they research-based or clinical-based? What are the differences between allopathic (MD) and osteopathic (DO) schools? Research each school's curriculum, competitiveness, cost, fit, etc.
- If you are prepared, take the MCAT or DAT in the spring.
- Review and complete your personal statements and other admissions essays.