Roadmap to Professional School - Non-Traditional
Where an undergraduate pathway is relatively clear-cut, non-traditional applicants have the added challenge of forging their own path to professional school.
- Create a "coalition of support" that will assist you with your journey. This can include family members, partners, friends, health professions advisors, mentors, etc.
- Understand how holistic review works. While non-academic guidelines are provided, you need to make sure your academics are competitive.
- Formulate a narrative around your life experiences. Non-traditional students are highly sought because of their level of maturity and experience. Align your strengths and history with your academic and professional goals.
- Use available resources. Taking classes at a university? Take advantage of your access to health professions advisors, test prep support, and student organizations.
- Talk to an advisor. A health professions advisor can help you take the right steps to getting admitted and offer insights into how to make your application stand out.
- Join the Non-Traditional Applicants Facebook group!
Connect with us!
Join our online communities to receive early access to the podcasts, ask questions
and receive information directly from TMDSAS, professional schools and advisors.