APPLY Magazine is the official magazine of the Texas Health Education Service.
APPLY is published yearly in the spring, and available for download.
Article topics originate from questions future health professions students face such as understanding holistic review, writing a personal statement, and strategies to elevate your application. You can access previous editions of APPLY magazine below to explore more topics.
2019 APPLY Magazine Articles
- “The Adventures of Zander and Taylor, or How I Found Gold in the Pre-Health Advising Office” by Debrah Beck, Ph.D. and Karen de Olivares, Ph.D.
- “Holistic Review in the Medical School Admissions Process and What It Means for You” by Filomeno G. Maldonado, M.A.
- “Is Dentistry a Match for You?” Kay H. Malone, D.D.S., Barbara H. Miller. D.D.S., M.S., & Ralph A. Cooley, D.D.S.
- “Addressing the Needs of the Many: a Career in Public Health” by David L. Lakey, M.D.
- “Don’t Freak Out! Planning Your Emotional Health During Test Prep” by James Scott Wright, Ed.D.
- “Be the Best You: 4 Strategies for a Better Application” by Matthew C. Meeks, M.Ed.
- “Animals, People, Disease & Health: The Future of Veterinary Medicine” by Dr. Karen Cornell
- “Filling the Gap: What Applicants Should Know about Gap Years” by David J. Jones, M.S., Ph.D.
- “Journal Your Way to Success” by Enrique Jasso, Jr., M.A.
2018 Apply Magazine Articles
- "Six Important Steps to Help You Be the Best Applicant You Can Be"
- "Metrics: Why Are the Numbers So Important in the Admissions Process"
- "By the Numbers: Entering Class of 2017 Stats"
- "Developing Your Personal Competencies"
- "The 2017 Texas Med/Dent Roundup"
- "Your Application as a Marketing Campaign"
- "Writing Your Personal Statement"
- "Tips for Interviewing Like a Champ"
- "The Texas Match Explained"
- "Financing Options For Your Professional School Education"