A short, yet extremely vital checklist for reviewing your application BEFORE you hit submit. Because there are no takebacks or redoes!
Beginning this May, TMDSAS will be implementing a delayed submission timeline for the application. The Entry Year 2022 Application will open Monday, May 3rd, 2021 at 8:00 a.m. CST, and applicants will not be able to submit their applications until 8:00 a.m. CST Monday, May 17th, 2021. This is a significant change from previous cycles. So, you may wonder… why is TMDSAS making this change and why is this beneficial for me?
- You’ll have two full weeks to work through the entirety of the application AND take the time to review your work before submitting.
- There’s plenty of time to compile all the details and documents needed to complete your application without feeling rushed to submit.
- Thoroughly reviewing your application will help you avoid making or missing common mistakes and errors prior to submitting. Remember, most sections of the application cannot be changed post-submission!
- No need to stress if you’re waiting for spring grades to come out, since this extra stretch of time helps to ensure you get them entered (satisfying the Applicant User Agreement rules) before you are allowed to submit.
Benefits for pre-health advisors:
- Advisors will have more time to compile documents their applicants may need, such as letters of evaluation or committee packets.
Benefits for TMDSAS member institutions:
- The schools you’re applying to will have more time to finalize the previous entry year so that they can begin to review new applications.
Benefits for TMDSAS:
- This time will be focused on providing you with additional support. If you have questions about filling out the application or are experiencing any technical issues, we’ll be here to help you!
Inside Health Education
View Related Items
Join the TMDSAS online communities to help you build a competitive application.
To help resolve your questions in real-time as you fill out your TMDSAS application, we're bringing you our top 7 FAQs. Never fear, your answers are here!