Join us in welcoming The UT Tyler School of Medicine as the 21st member institution at TMDSAS! Here's what you need to know to add this school to your application.
Calling All Dental Applicants! Important Dates and Deadlines for EY 2022
Application submission and processing for EY 2022 have begun! So, what’s next for dental applicants? Here's what you can expect:
Monday, November 1st: Primary Application Deadline
You've taken the biggest leap by pushing that 'submit' button, but hang on-- you're not done yet! Make sure you've taken care of the essential post-submission tasks for dental school applicants in the Next Steps After Submission.
- Secondary applications should be completed as soon as you submit your TMDSAS application. If you have any
questions about your secondary application, including any additional documents required
or fees associated, you can contact the schools directly. The admissions staff are
very knowledgeable and ready to help you. You can find their contact information here: Contact (tmdsas.com)
- Please note that the completion of your secondary application is required by the following dental school before your TMDSAS application is considered: Texas A&M University College of Dentistry.
Monday, November 15th: Letters of Evaluation Deadline
Your Letters of Evaluation should be postmarked by this date. Keep in mind, dental applicants are required to submit the following:
- One Health Professions Committee Packet OR Three individual letters of evaluation
- One evaluation letter must come from a dentist.
- Optional: One extra letter (not included in HP Committee Packet) may be submitted in addition to the required letters
Wednesday, December 15th: Offers of Admission and DAT Deadline
The dental schools you have applied to will begin extending offers of acceptance at this time, but it doesn’t end there! Remember, it’s important to keep your application information
up-to-date for the schools to review.
While things like activities and essays cannot be changed, other important areas like address changes, incoming grades, or planned coursework should be updated regularly.
AppTip: To be on the safe side, you'll want to refer to the full list of changes that can be made post-submission.
About the DAT
- Make sure you release your test scores to TMDSAS!
- Please note: We recommend that you take the DAT in the spring or summer prior to applying, but no
later than December 2021.
- Offers of admission go out mid-December. If you wait to take the DAT until December, this will delay consideration for admission until after your test scores have been released.
- Please note: We recommend that you take the DAT in the spring or summer prior to applying, but no later than December 2021.
Sunday, May 1st: Offers of Admission End
- By this date, the dental schools you've applied to will no longer extend offers of acceptance to applicants who hold another seat.
There we have it! You’ve had a chance to review these important dates and deadlines so that you can prepare and plan accordingly. And know that you can always reach out to TMDSAS if you have any questions or concerns along the way.
Inside Health Education
View Related Items
Join us in welcoming The UT Rio Grande Valley School of Podiatric Medicine as the 20th member institution at TMDSAS! Here's what you need to know to add this school to your application.