Join us in welcoming The UT Tyler School of Medicine as the 21st member institution at TMDSAS! Here's what you need to know to add this school to your application.
Preparing for the Dental Application Deadline
Hey Dental Applicants!
The application deadline is drawing near. Have your letters of evaluation and DAT
scores been submitted? Are you expected to complete a secondary application? When
are the deadlines? There are so many things to consider, you’re probably wondering
if you’ve done all that is required to have a complete, well-rounded application come
To address these questions, here is a summary of important information to consider. The following information will serve as a checklist to ensure you’ve successfully completed each requirement as it applies to you and your specific program. Let’s start ticking those boxes!
Deadlines for Medical Applicants
- November 1st @ 5PM CST - Application Submission Deadline
*All sections of the application must be complete, and the application must be submitted by the date and time above. TMDSAS does not grant deadline extensions. Payment must be entered and submitted in order to submit your application by the deadline.
- November 15th – Letters of evaluation should be postmarked by this date.
TMDSAS will still update this section and accept letters after this date, but it is up to the discretion of the schools if they choose to accept them. Some schools will not extend an interview offer until all letters of evaluation and test scores have been received.
Letter of Evaluation Requirements
- One Health Professions Committee Packet OR Three Individual Letters of Evaluation
- One evaluation letter must come from a dentist
- Optional: One extra letter (not included in HP Committee Packet) may be submitted in addition to the required letters
Important Information About DAT Scores
- It is recommended that you take the DAT in the spring or summer prior to applying, but no later than December of the application cycle. Offers of admission go out December 1. Waiting to take the DAT until December will delay any consideration for admission until after your test scores are released.
Check the Status of Your Letters and Scores
Go to the [Status] page and scroll to the middle and end of the page to review the status of letters and scores. A date listed under the ‘Date Received’ column indicates the date in which TMDSAS received your letter/score and it became available for the schools to see on their end.
Have You Completed Any Required Secondary?
Secondary applications should be completed as soon as you submit your TMDSAS application. Any questions related to a secondary application should be directed to the respective school. Any secondary application required documents and/or fees should be sent directly to the school and NOT to TMDSAS.
For further information about the Secondary Application:
A Complete Dental Application Consists of:
- Online Application – must be submitted by 5:00PM CST, Nov. 1, no exceptions or extensions
- Application Fee – non-refundable, flat fee of $200. Fee required to begin processing.
- Copy of Visa or Permanent Resident Card (if applicable)
- Letters of Evaluation
- Official Score Report: DAT
- Spring 2021 Grades (or Winter 2021, if on quarter system)
- Secondary Applications (if applicable)
Report Vital Changes to TMDSAS
You must notify TMDSAS of all (but not limited to) the following updates to your application:
- Felonies & Misdemeanors
- Disciplinary Action
- Change of Address
- Withdrawing an Application
- Change of Evaluator
- Establishing a Proxy
Inside Health Education
View Related Items
Join us in welcoming The UT Rio Grande Valley School of Podiatric Medicine as the 20th member institution at TMDSAS! Here's what you need to know to add this school to your application.