TMDSAS joins Health Professions Week! We’ll have representatives from TXHES, JAMP, TMDSAS, and member institutions address the critical aspects of your preparation that you should highlight in your application.
What to Do When There’s No Course Listing Available
When planning a road trip, we will often consult a map to help decide how to get to our final destination. Without one, we’d likely find ourselves lost and missing out on potentially awesome roadside attractions! As you start coding courses in your coursework section, you’ll find your institution’s course listing page is the map that helps you complete your coursework entry journey.
What do you do when your institution isn’t listed, and you find you will have to code courses without this helpful guide? Below, we will explore a few resources and suggestions for how to code your courses when there’s no course listing available.
A list of criteria for how courses may be coded while entering coursework can be found
in the Coursework Definitions and Policies.
What are the Prescribed Coursework Definitions?
Refer to Your Institution’s Course Listings, if offered.
The Course Listings offer a list of courses that have been approved to fulfill the pre-requisite requirements per institution. You can search for the institution(s) you have attended in the Course Listings sorted by college/university name.
If you believe that a course fulfills the general requirements, but missing from your institution's Course Listing page, please have your Pre-Health advisor contact TMDSAS at email@example.com.
If no Course Listings Page is offered:
- Refer to your institution’s B.S. Biology Degree Requirements to anticipate which courses will meet requirements in Biology, Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry, and Physics.
- Have a Pre-Health advisor from your institution send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with information supporting the addition of courses to fulfill the pre-requisites, and our team will review these updates to include in the Course Listings.
- If you do not have access to an advisor, you can request to be paired with a volunteer health professions advisor at NAAHP to help you assess your courses and identify courses that fulfill the pre-requisites.
Submit a Course Appeal
ONLY SUBMIT A COURSE APPEAL if you are a current applicant, to resolve a course deficiency, or to have a course included in your BCPM GPA.What is a course appeal?
- Upon transmission of your application, you will have a chance to review any possible changes made to your course coding. Should you have an unexpected deficiency, or a course not included in your BCPM GPA that you feel should be, you may submit a Course Appeal.
- Appeals must be submitted within 7 business days of the initial email notifying applicants that their application has been transmitted to schools.
- You can submit an appeal here.
- Coursework appeal decisions will be made 10-15 business days after receipt of all required information and documentation. Please be aware processing times can be longer during peak season.
Important Reminder: Coursework will be reviewed and adjusted, if necessary, during processing by your TMDSAS Applicant Liaison. Use your best judgment when coding courses. Adjustments made to course coding during processing will not negatively impact the processing and transmission of your application.
Key Takeaways: Use your best judgment. You have options available to you and TMDSAS will be here to support you throughout the process.
Inside Health Education
Read More in the Entering Coursework Series:Decoding the TMDSAS Coursework Coding Options
Transcribing Your Transcript: Entering Coursework into Your TMDSAS Application
Putting the "AP" in Your Application
View Related Items
Don't be SPOOKED by the TMDSAS Application Deadline! The TMDSAS Support team is here to address your last-minute questions about the dental and medical application before the deadline on November 1st.
Join us in this strategy session with the AAMC as they let us in on information about the MCAT, registration, test prep, and fee assistance.